Sunday, March 27, 2022

Five Nights at Freddy's Mystery Minis - Series 6 - Review (Part 1)

(If you haven't already, feel free to check out the Introduction Post)

(I need to address the elephant in the room (not Orville).. I'm very, very, VERY late with this post. I've had the pictures taken, and I even edited them below. What was holding me up was priority and time. It is either this or that, excuse after excsue. When the latest Mystery Mini wave was announced I thought 'I can't wait to talk about this on the blog!' and then it hit me: I'm far from caught up! Here we are, March 2022 is about to end and I never even finished reviewing the FFPS wave. Anyways, here we are! I finally was able to play catch-up with this. I hope you enjoy!)

In this review, I'll be going over my thoughts on all 18 of the Mystery Minis from the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator (FFPS) series. I'll review 10 of them (Rockstars and Mediocre Melodies) in Part 1 of the review, and the other 8 in Part 2 of the review. I've arranged them in an order I think makes the most sense. I will try not to let their rarity bias my views on the figures, as I'll just be reviewing them as a stand alone figure. Below shows the picture of the figure and my personal thoughts on the figure itself. Please enjoy Part 1 of the Review!

Note: Some of the names I'm listing may not be official. They are sometimes based off what I think is most appropriate, or what other more official sources may call them.


Character: Rockstar Freddy
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/6


This is one of those figures Funko just nails in terms of accuracy. The only thing that may help is making the bowtie and hat a metallic color, but otherwise it looks spot-on! I like how even though its brown, its a light brown that makes the figure come off as very colorful. Great figure of Rockstar Freddy!

Character: Rockstar Bonnie
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/24
Let me start by saying I like the pose they put him in. I wish he came with a guitar, but I suspect this was done on purpose to avoid being targeted by that Flying V design lawsuit that unfortunately threatened Bonnie guitar designs. However, in Ult. Custom Night Bonnie seeks his guitar, so it seems appropriate for it to be missing from that perspective. The color for the eyelids, cheeks, and kneecaps are the wrong color. Also his face in the game is more squared off (like Plushtrap and Springtrap), so that should reflect the design. Otherwise as far as Rockstar Bonnie goes it looks pretty close.

Character: Rockstar Chica
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/36


Another instance of nailing the figure design! I really don't see any inconsistincies. I like the expression and pose for Rockstar Chica. The feathers in the arms and face are consistent with Series 1, so I can't really complain about that (would rather it be consistent anyhow). Nice figure!

Character: Rockstar Foxy
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/6


Every once in a while you come across a Mystery Mini that makes you wonder what happened. Rockstar Foxy is one of these Mystery Minis. It's especially odd because of how good Funko's Rockstar Foxy's action figure and plush are. What happened on the Mystery Mini? First off, the colors for him are wrong. The head isn't like original Foxy design. There's no parrot attached. The strangest choice was to give him yellow pants. The reason for the yellow pants may be because there's a fan model online with him wearing yellow pants that maybe the artist decided to follow. Again, why not follow the actual source material or the action figure design? It is bizarre. I will give credit in that he does have a peg leg and the accordian looks fine. Otherwise they dropped the ball on the rest of the design. It is still a fine figure on its own, just not a good 'Rockstar Foxy' figure in my opinion..

Character: Lefty
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/36 (Retail only)


This one is pretty accurate to the source material, minus the hat and bowtie not being metallic. However, strangely they made him a medium gray intead of dark gray/black like he is in the games. It seems like an odd choice considering, again like Rockstar Foxy, they did a good job on the colors in their other products. Its annoying to be so close yet so off in such a simple way. I do really like this figure though, and they nailed everything else about him!

Character: Happy Frog
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/36


One thing that makes Happy Frog stand out is how wide her lips are compared to other characters. When I first saw this figure I thought 'Hey, why is her face so strange?'. However it was when I examined it closer was when I realized it was indeed quite accurate to the Mystery Mini stylization! Her lips are there, but they had to be shrunken down to fit the style, you know? It turned out really well and is accurate to her design. They honestly nailed her design when it could have been so easy to miss something. Great figure, and good depiction of the character!

Character: Mr. Hippo
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/24


This is another character that would have been easy to mess up or miss a simple feature, but nope Funko nailed it too! Mr. Hippo looks great, and is posed in a nice dynamic look like he is in the game. He's one of my favorite characters in the series, so I'm glad his figure was brought justice. By the way, I never realized his ears were hoops. At first I thought it was a mistake. He really does have hoop ears in the game! It goes to show that Funko does pay attention to little details like that. Great figure once again!

Character: Nedd Bear
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/12 (Target only)


I'm so glad they did all the Mediocre Melodies, including Nedd Bear here. He does look a lot like Freddy's design, but obviously you can tell they made unique enough to be able to tell them apart. I must mention the strange texture they gave his tie. It is the same texture as El Chip's tail and is made of soft rubber. Also his arms are posed in a way that its hard to tell if they are facing forwards or backwards. He's a strangely broken down design anyways so I can toss that up to design accuracy in my mind! Anyways, another good figure here!

Character: Pigpatch
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/12


Funko is just nailing the Mediocre Melodies! Again we have another perfect capture of the character with this Pigpatch figure! I love, love, love how he turned out! The banjo is detailed, and he has a little pig tail on the back too. He matches the Mystery Mini design perfectly to how he should look. Wonderful figure all around!

Character: Orville the Elephant
Appearance: FFPS
Rarity: 1/6


Lets round this out with the last Mediocre Melodies character: Orville the Elephant! I really like Orville's design, and the figure captures it well, from his big ears to the elephant trunk. They gave his eyes a sympathetic expression, which he doesn't do in the game. I'm wondering if it was to fit on the trunk? Regardless it makes him stand out from the rest of the gang. I guess the one complaint is that they didn't add the paint to the middle of the flower, but that's more of a nit-pick since it's hidden by his trunk most the time anyhow. Great figure!

That's it for Part 1 of my review of the Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria Simulator figures! With all my complaining, it may seem like I'm not a fan. In reality I'm very happy with how this series turned out! Some figures got so close to being 'perfect' to me, so I wonder why they didn't take that extra step in accuracy? It is slightly frustrating at times which is why I nit-pick. Overall very satisfying to see these characters on the shelves! The Mediocre Melodies were especially delightful to collect! I love how they all turned out! The Rockstars were great too!

In the next review, I'll cover the rest of the wave, including figures from the Posh Pizzeria team, most of the villains, and a few odds-and-ends. I look forward to posting soon! Thanks for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment