Friday, January 12, 2018

News Post: Five Nights at Freddy's Mystery Minis - Series 3

Update 5 (05/03/2018): Collection complete! 

Update 4 (04/14/2018): Added rarities and fixed minor details.

Update 3 (02/19/2018): New York Toy Fair 2018 showcase of Twisted Wolf Mystery Mini. 

Update 2 (02/08/2018): I've added more observations which could imply a Series 4 is on the way too (or I'm over analyzing). 

Update 1 (01/22/2018): The London Toy Fair has lead to the official reveal of these by Funko!  They released updated images and nine previously unrevealed  exclusives.

Original Post (01/11/2018): Today I'd like to make a News Post. These types of posts on this blog will be related to recently revealed or released items that peak my interest.

---
Leaks were made of a Series 3 for Funko's Five Nights at Freddy's Mystery Minis, subtitled Twisted Ones (from the book). In the leak was a listing for a Gamestop Exclusive set. Funko has released their 2018 Catalog which showed some of the figures. The character choices are pretty interesting. For one thing, they seem to be focusing on the rest of the Sister Location characters (from Series 2), and the Twisted Ones characters. Secondly, the choices for Sister Location seem to reach into unexpected characters.

(Image Source: https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/955507919902203904)
(edited by me for scale, organization, etc.)

Some of these don't have official names, so I'll mark those accordingly (*). In parentheses they are listed in terms of their exclusivity too. From left to right:
  • RWQFSFASXC   (1/36 Gamestop Only)
  • Paper Plate Pals   (1/72 Gamestop Only)
  • Nightmare   (1/24 Hot Topic Only)
  • Jack-O-Bonnie   (1/36 Walmart Only)
  • Yenndo   (1/24)
  • Bon Bon   (1/36 Retail Only)
  • Ennard (Fake End) (*)   (1/24 Retail Only)
  • Little Joe   (1/24)
  • Magician   (1/24)
  • Bonnet   (1/36 Hot Topic Only)
  • Lolbit   (1/24 Walmart Only)
  • Dark Springtrap   (1/24)
  • Theodore   (1/24 Gamestop Only)
  • Stanley   (1/72 Hot Topic Only)
  • Ella   (1/72 Walmart Only)
  • Springtrap (Afton) (*)   (1/72 Retail Only)
  • Twisted Freddy   (1/6)
  • Twisted Bonnie   (1/6)
  • Twisted Foxy   (1/6)
  • Twisted Wolf   (1/12)
  • Twisted Chica   (1/6)
They look amazing!  I was totally wrong in my original predictions about the Withered ones showing up, but I'm very happy I got some right (Lolbit in tv, Bonnet, Nightmare, and Jack-O-Bonnie). The other three toys from Twisted Ones were totally givens though so I don't count them. I'm very happy to see them all! Plus Paper Pals, which was totally welcome surprise! For the longest time I was contemplating making my own to fit in scale. Speaking of, I actually made my own custom Nightmare Mystery Mini, and was about to start a Jack-O-Bonnie Mystery Mini. Looks like I can take a break (maybe I'll post them in the future?). I have to say my favorites are Nightmare, Ennard, Bon-Bon, Yenndo, Jack-O-Bonnie, and Twisted Wolf.

---
Some comments and observations: Looks like they are focused on Sister Location and Twisted Ones in this series. There are two from FNaF 2 and two from FNaF4 (although you could say Nightmare may count as both FNaF 4 and Twisted Ones). There is a large focus on the toys or non-animatronics too. I don't mind too much though, but I could see some not liking that. I'm glad we got a new Shadow Bonnie/RWQ figure. This strongly supports the case that the Purple Bonnie from Series 1 was based on the FNaF 3 minigame, not the FNaF 2 Shadow Bonnie/RWQ.

More observations: It looks like they may be strategically preparing for Series 4 based on some minor design choices I noticed. The most obvious one is Ennard in this series looks like it has the body of Molten Freddy in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator (FNaF 6). Another observation is the choice for Magician could be to prepare a mold for Music Man in FNaF 6 (they are posed similarly outside of looking similar in face). There are skates on Ella and Scrap Baby. These are just minor observations that have more to do with characters having similar design traits across the games maybe more-so than Funko thinking ahead with their characters. Who knows though? FFPS POP figures have been leaked, so Funko seems to show continued support for FNaF merchandise (especially with these Mystery Minis). Here is a diagram kind of showing what I was thinking: 

---
New York Toy Fair 2018 Showcase:
(Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/originalfunko/38596561000/in/album-72157666000119438/)
---
As of 05/03/2018, Completed Collection!
---
I'll leave more comments and observations for the Review when that is posted. Have a good one, and best of luck for those hunting these down! Thanks!